Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why William Shakespear is an Irrelevant School Topic A.K.A Why Billy Wobblestick is a Gay Idiot

So then, in English recently we've been studying Romeo & Juliet. Now at first I was fine with this because all we were doing was reading from the script and even the teacher said, I quote (Although it may not be word for word this is what she generally said) "Okay guys, look it's alright if you don't want to participate while we do this but as long as your quiet and don't talk it's fine." So I went by this and decided to read a book. Next class she decides that maybe I should put the book away and focus on whats going on... I kept reading. Now we have homework due on Friday. I have no clue what we're supposed to do but in truth I really don't care. Look there are only 3 applicable uses I can think of Billy Wobblesticks' works and those are as follows:
1. Use for studying text from that era in time.
2. The psychological point of view, well obviously not Romeo & Juliet that's just some romantic bullshit. Things like Macbeth and Hamlet. The choices about would he have done the same thing if the witches, killing your father, killing your uncle etc. The psychological study of this might be interesting, JUST NOT WHEN YOUR STUDYING ROMANTIC BULLSHIT IN YEAR 8!
3.Fire kindle, possibly the most useful thing it ever could and at the end of this course will be.

Okay so I suppose I don't really have a problem with Shakespeare, more just how people force it on you when you know it wont effect your outcome of life.

Ploo!

No comments:

Post a Comment